Forum Discussions (757)

Featured Discussions

History Of Hats Sketches

"Study the Past to define the Future." During my training in millinery, tailoring and dressmaking in 1964/65 we had to study Fashion Design…

Started by Elaine Mergard in VINTAGE MILLINERYLatest Reply

Logo for your Millinery Business

Hi I've been looking at online at logo making site's for my millinery business.  But I'm finding it dificult to decide which site to use.  …

Started by Janet Bramham in MILLINERY BUSINESSLatest Reply

Consulting at home, theirs or yours?

How do those of you without showrooms, shops, stockists or other outlets meet with your clients, to decide styles, match colours and fittin…

Started by Jain Kidsley in HAT CHATLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Activity

Blocking with lace?

Hello. I am working with guipure lace for the first time and I would like to place it over a improvised top hat wire frame. I appreciate an…

Started by Mary McCann in ASK A MILLINER

1 on Sunday
Reply by Catherine Cazes-Wiley

Wiring the entire frame of a small mad hat

Hello to all Millinery enthusiasts  I do not have a smaller mad hatter block version and I have been trying with buckram but cannot curve t…

Started by Catherine Cazes-Wiley in ASK A MILLINER

0 on Sunday

Travelling with hats?

Many are traveling to Melbourne this Spring Carnival but packing hats in amongst clothing in a suit case might create a millinery mishap. H…

Started by Elaine Mergard in HAT CHAT

3 Jan 27
Reply by audrey Ava

Melusine stiffener

Hello please can anybody help me I need to stiffen Melusine double sided I’m afraid to don’t ruin the felt  thank you so much 

Started by Viorica Hiriczko in ASK A MILLINER

2 Jan 2
Reply by Viorica Hiriczko

how to remove foundation make up from a hat

Hi Everyone Still learning loads! would appreciate if you could please advise some tips on removing foundation makeup from a cream hat wit…

Started by ciara sweeney in ASK A MILLINER

16 Dec 9, 2023
Reply by S. Scheffer

What is the best hat for a roof cleaner?

Hello, I'm asking on behalf of a dear friend who cleans moss off roof shingles in Seattle for a living. The summer is over now so it's nice…

Started by LynnT91 in ASK A MILLINER

0 Nov 18, 2023

Attaching flowers?

I love having flowers on the hats I make. I buy the ones I don't make from Lubin's and they are very nice. My problem is attaching them di…

Started by Dianne Graham in ASK A MILLINER

7 Nov 18, 2023
Reply by LynnT91

Felt stiffener and white marks???

Hi all, This has probably been asked a dozen times but...? I use a flammable felt stiffener from Parkins UK, not cheap at £20.00 plus VAT…

Started by Susan Fage in ASK A MILLINER

29 Nov 15, 2023
Reply by edith f

stitching ribbon trim

When adding ribbon trim to a brim, how do you make the stitches look almost invisible on both sides of ribbon?

Started by stephanie lawrence in ASK A MILLINER

1 Nov 3, 2023
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Tension when stitching brims

Hello Milliners, I need some help please. I am working on a brim at the moment and incasing a wire into the brim edge. The straight stitch…

Started by Lyndon Miller Pegs in ASK A MILLINER

3 Oct 30, 2023
Reply by Lyndon Miller Pegs

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service