HAT CHAT (337)

Discussions Replies Activity

Pearl Stamens?

Can anyone recommend a good supplier for stamens, im looking for something a little different to the same pearly type ones you see everywhe…

Started by Kylie McLean

1 Jun 2, 2014
Reply by House of Adorn

Working with Leather

Hi All, I have just blocked my first leather button style piece. I blocked buckram and while still wet draped and blocked leather over the…

Started by Rebecca Hanley

6 May 24, 2014
Reply by Rebecca Hanley

Stephen Jones Fragrance?

Stephen Jones recently released his second fragrance “Wisteria Hysteria” packaged in a mini hat box, complete with veiling and grosgrain tr…

Started by Elaine Mergard

1 May 15, 2014
Reply by edith f

Very thin organza - do you stiffen?

Hello dear milliners,  Apologies if the question comes as a silly one or goes against all millinery rules. I have very thin bridal organza…

Started by Polly Steven

1 May 15, 2014
Reply by edith f

Melbourne Cup 2014

I know it's early in the year, but is anyone going to the Melbourne Cup carnival in November? I'm hoping to get a lovely tax refund so I ca…

Started by carena28

4 May 7, 2014
Reply by carena28

Hatter or Milliner

When does a hat maker become a Milliner and when does a Milliner become a couture Milliner?

Started by Ruth Connor

10 Apr 30, 2014
Reply by pifehgu

Current Hat 'Styles'?

So, is the 'button' still a popular trend this year, or is the Pillbox making another revival? Either way I think they can both have great…

Started by Susan Fage

4 Apr 20, 2014
Reply by Susan Fage

Patterns for Sewing Vintage Hats

I came to the art of hat making late in the game. But I have been working hard to catch up! Does anyone have information about sites or sto…

Started by Linda Tillis

1 Apr 12, 2014
Reply by M. Susan Freese

fabric circles

how do you make neat, small circles in all fabrics, ranging from silk to felt to cotton to sinamay? I would like to be able to make small p…

Started by Ruth Connor

3 Apr 7, 2014
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Stop others from using your good scissors?

How we despair as we face a busy day in our millinery studio and the snips are missing! They were there yesterday so where are they now! Wh…

Started by Elaine Mergard

6 Apr 4, 2014
Reply by Katharina Lehrkinder

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service