HAT CHAT (318)

Featured Discussions

Shrinking felt hat

Hello beautiful people I would like to thank my wonderful teacher that got me started. I now repair hat at Delmonico Hatters in Connecticut…

Started by Catherine Cazes-WileyLatest Reply

Do you name your hats?

When starting out in business I was receiving orders for particular styles based on the blocks I had, so I decided to make it easy for myse…

Started by Elaine MergardLatest Reply

hat steamer ideas?

Hello Everyone!, I want to get started on my Beginners Course, but cannot afford a hat steamer right now......does anyone have any suggesti…

Started by Annette ThompsonLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Activity

Panama Toquilla straw

Hi, can anyone recommend where to buy panama/toquilla straw to make summer hats from? Ideally after white and natural colours, UK if possib…

Started by Laura

0 Jun 29

hat pins

I would like to make some hat pins and my question is what do you do to keep beads from coming off the top. I know a clutch is on the botto…

Started by stephanie lawrence

2 Jun 24
Reply by stephanie lawrence

silk abaca

Can you stiffen silk abaca with hat stiffener and does it mark the fabric? Thanks

Started by Denise O Callaghan

0 Jun 22

Shrinking felt hat

Hello beautiful people I would like to thank my wonderful teacher that got me started. I now repair hat at Delmonico Hatters in Connecticut…

Started by Catherine Cazes-Wiley

0 Jun 7

Foam Block Class

Hello all,  This quarantine has me on the trail to learn and make my own beaver/rabbit felt hats. I am interested in adding my creative tou…

Started by Rick

3 May 27
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Hat blocks

Hello,I'm a begginer and was wondering from where I should buy hat blocks? Brand new ones cost a fortune as I can see (150-300$). Does anyo…

Started by Emilis Melnikavicius

2 May 13
Reply by edith f

5 piece hat block

Could someone please help, I have a brand new 5 piece puzzle block and have no idea how to pull it apart any suggestions are greatly apprec…

Started by dominique Ross

1 May 12
Reply by Elaine Mergard

roll up starw hat?

Any idea what material I should be looking for to make a roll up hat for the summer? one that cane be taken in a suitcase etc and will spri…

Started by Laura

1 May 12
Reply by Jorge Ceme Joza

Hat Academy Studio Subscription

Hi , I am new here and have lots of questions. For now, would you explain what is Hat Academy Studio Subscription ($240). What is included…

Started by Tetyana Mostoviy

2 May 6
Reply by Tetyana Mostoviy

Best felt to practise hat making?

Hello everybody!I'm trying to get into hat making, and I was wondering, which felt is the best to practise hat making on? I know beaver is…

Started by Emilis Melnikavicius

11 May 1
Reply by Elaine Mergard

FOLLOW US

Subscribe To Newsletter

© 2020   Studio | About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms    

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service