All Discussions Tagged 'millinery' (13)

Discussions Replies Activity

Heated hat blocks

I brought these from Byron Bay and will eventually get them to Hobart to my millinery studio shop . I have  used one for a day four years a…

Started by Haidee Neill

0 Jul 31

HATS & HAIR

The Duchess of Cambridge has adapted her hair style to suit her hat of the day. Should you determine the hairstyle first….or decide on th…

Started by Elaine Mergard

21 Jun 20
Reply by Wendy White

Taking the spring out if wire

Does anyone have any tips for taking the spring out of wire before wiring a brim? Clearly my technique is somewhat lacking as one of my las…

Started by Jen Marsh

2 Oct 30, 2018
Reply by Jen Marsh

Who would you do a millinery internship with?

I'd love to know: (1) if you've done a millinery internship, who was it with and what did you achieve/ learn whilst you were there and (2)…

Started by Vivienne Morgan Millinery

8 Jul 4, 2017
Reply by Sally Thomas

Crowns Reign?

"From delicate metal leaves, to halos of flowers, and laser-cut perspex numbers, crowns are tipped to be de rigueur at the sporting event s…

0 Nov 30, 2015

Looking into immigration or internship in Australia

I am recently been toying with the idea to immigrate or find internship in Australia to gain more experience and be able to have some class…

Started by Irina Bluebird

0 Jun 12, 2015

Trend Setting with Tartan?

When I think of the colder months I am instantly reminded of the Tartan skirts I used to wear to school.  Lately I have been seeing Tarta…

Started by Sophie Allport

4 May 7, 2015
Reply by edith f

Forecasting Hat Trends? THOUGHTS?

Hello, I am currently a fashion merchandising student/aspiring milliner and I am doing a project for one of my classes that involves foreca…

Started by Meagan Mongene

11 Apr 1, 2015
Reply by edith f

millinery cane wire

Hi Does anyone out there use really old fashioned hat blocking techniques?  I trawled the internet to see if there's any instruction on ho…

Started by edith f

3 Mar 1, 2014
Reply by edith f

Today's Woman Kentucky Derby Issue

Congratulations to Hat Academy members, Jan Wutkowski and Bridget Early who are featured in the Kentucky Derby Day April edition of the "To…

4 Dec 27, 2013
Reply by Bridget Early

FOLLOW US

Subscribe To Newsletter

© 2019   Studio | About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms    

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service