HAT CHAT (337)

Discussions Replies Activity

Advice for the Melbourne Cup

Hello Milliners! I'd like to ask you for some advice.  I was recently invited to compete for the Millinery Award at the Melbourne Cup and I…

Started by Maor Zabar

5 Oct 12, 2015
Reply by Maor Zabar

Small insects on feather pads

Please advise, I purchased some feather pads way back last year and stored them in an airtight container.  I recently opened this and there…

Started by ciara sweeney

8 Oct 10, 2015
Reply by Sharon Panozzo

hat restoration

what is the best way to restore a 100% cotton hat that has had the foam taken out of it?

Started by robert brock

0 Oct 5, 2015

Best water repellent spray for fur felt hat

Any suggestion on the best water repellent for hats? Sometime I stiffen my hat and sometime not. My customers never came back to me to comp…

Started by Therese Carroll

2 Sep 30, 2015
Reply by Therese Carroll

Millinery Coffee Table Books?

Hi Everyone, I'm on the search for some great inspiring coffee table books on hats and/or milliners, does anyone have any favourite titles…

Started by Diana McKinlay

9 Sep 24, 2015
Reply by Ann De Waele

Frequently Asked Questions?

As milliners, every time we get a new customer the fabulous creative process begins! Sometimes it makes you come alive with new ideas and o…

Started by Elaine Mergard

0 Sep 23, 2015

Sinamay fabric with designs

Hello, I really like the different stripes, prints and dots that are posted in the community photo gallery. Can anyone suggest some good pl…

Started by Tanita Montgomery

2 Sep 11, 2015
Reply by Tanita Montgomery

Sizing band?

Hello everyone, What are your thoughts on a sizing band? Do most make it a standard part of the construction or do you offer it as an optio…

Started by Tanita Montgomery

0 Sep 11, 2015

Blocking a boater hat

Hello everyone, could you offer me some advice on the best blocking material to use for a boater style hat that will be blocked all in one…

Started by Kylie Gould

2 Sep 11, 2015
Reply by Kylie Gould

Aus Spring racing trends 2015?

With the Australian Spring Racing Carnival right on our heels, we are wondering what trends do you see being popular this spring? In clothi…

Started by Sophie Allport

1 Sep 10, 2015
Reply by Elaine Mergard

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service