With the Australian Spring Racing Carnival right on our heels, we are wondering what trends do you see being popular this spring? In clothing there has been talk about sheer/transparent tops with embellishment. Fringing once again is set to be popular and gorgeous structured designs like those inspired by top designers such as Toni Maticevski. Millinery can sometimes reflect these trends or it can go against them.

What do you think will be the hot trend for our heads this coming Spring?

Views: 385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Orange is very strong this Spring in particular a burnt orange but all shades of orange are evident. This is not a headwear colour everyone loves to wear but teamed with black it is as sharp as a black and white hat or headpiece. 

Aqua is back and I love it as it was the colour of the 1960s. If you have completed any of my lessons you know what good sellers stripes and spots are so watch out for these as suits the popular maritime theme. Expect boaters to appear with striped trims. 

Lace & laser cutouts are strong again in fabric. Lace in headwear is seen in coronet style, large and small. Lace masks, fringing & veiling over the eyes are accentuating our beautiful eyes. 

Lightweight sheer white fabrics are trending and anyone who chooses this styling prefers minimalist headwear design as it is all about the soft flow of the garment.  Grasp one of these trends and build your collection around it.  I know my preference which is yours?                                                      

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service