ASK A MILLINER (265)

Discussions Replies Activity

Is it normal for a 58cm hat form to actually be 58.4cm around?

hi, I’m new here and would really appreciate some advice. I bought my first wooden hat form. I order it in size 58cm. When i got it it was…

Started by p.j. nix

7 Sep 24, 2021
Reply by p.j. nix

Finding the tutor ...

I would be most grateful if someone could let me know who the tutor is for the attached headpiece; looking to take the course.  Many thanks!

Started by Janet Andoh

3 Aug 27, 2021
Reply by Elaine Mergard

How to Manage Inventory/Selling

For those of you that sell, how do you all manage inventory? Do you do a 'one and done' for each hat or do you make additional pieces the s…

Started by Aria

0 Jul 29, 2021

brim

I have a problem with brim of felt hat. I need to sewing the end of brim (grey color on the pic), but it is too large specially if I used t…

Started by Kasia

1 Jul 20, 2021
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Brushed felt

Hello all! I’m working on branching out a bit into some new technical areas and I’m having a hard time finding any good technical resources…

Started by Matthew Howden

4 Jul 17, 2021
Reply by Sandra Leko

How to keep a hatinator with headband/head elastic on bald head

Hello pros!  I pray this finds you all well.  I am having to design a hatinator (large) for a client who happens to be bald.  This is going…

Started by Janet Andoh

2 Jul 9, 2021
Reply by Janet Andoh

Blocked headband

Hi can you tell me the best wire for a blocked headband Thank you  josm

Started by Joan Roberts

1 Jun 17, 2021
Reply by Elaine Mergard

dyeing techniques

Hi All, I'm trying to dye a batch of coque feathers to match an emerald green satin i have.  In the past I've used Jacquard Procion dyes bu…

Started by Cathrine Williamson

1 Jun 10, 2021
Reply by Alisa Fleming

Commercial Felt for Base of Headpiece

I just watched the Head piece and Fascinator video and had a question about using felt as a base. I have commercial felt, Lots of it...and…

Started by Judith

1 Jun 2, 2021
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Waterproof hats

I would like to know what to use to make a hat that can be worn in rainy weather? Is there is some spray or special stiffener maybe? 

Started by Anna Wisniewska

2 May 28, 2021
Reply by Anna Wisniewska

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service