ASK A MILLINER (268)

Discussions Replies Activity

What type of sewing machine do you use?

I've had two machines break down, a Husqvarna Viking Daisy, bobbin case is loose, plus my Elna Elina is knotting up underneath every fourth…

Started by carena28

19 Nov 8, 2021
Reply by Kristina Allam

Curling Ostrich Quills

Hello Milliner Friends. Happy New Year! I have a problem curling Ostrich quills, without feathers. I want to put neat big curls in them lik…

Started by Shandana De La Rivière

1 Oct 16, 2021
Reply by Cassie Farr

Blocking Pins

Hello Pros, I hope you are all doing well.  Could you please share what type/kind of blocking pins you all use?  The ones I use seem to rus…

Started by Janet Andoh

0 Oct 8, 2021

Is it normal for a 58cm hat form to actually be 58.4cm around?

hi, I’m new here and would really appreciate some advice. I bought my first wooden hat form. I order it in size 58cm. When i got it it was…

Started by p.j. nix

7 Sep 24, 2021
Reply by p.j. nix

Finding the tutor ...

I would be most grateful if someone could let me know who the tutor is for the attached headpiece; looking to take the course.  Many thanks!

Started by Janet Andoh

3 Aug 27, 2021
Reply by Elaine Mergard

How to Manage Inventory/Selling

For those of you that sell, how do you all manage inventory? Do you do a 'one and done' for each hat or do you make additional pieces the s…

Started by Aria

0 Jul 29, 2021

brim

I have a problem with brim of felt hat. I need to sewing the end of brim (grey color on the pic), but it is too large specially if I used t…

Started by Kasia

1 Jul 20, 2021
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Brushed felt

Hello all! I’m working on branching out a bit into some new technical areas and I’m having a hard time finding any good technical resources…

Started by Matthew Howden

4 Jul 17, 2021
Reply by Sandra Leko

How to keep a hatinator with headband/head elastic on bald head

Hello pros!  I pray this finds you all well.  I am having to design a hatinator (large) for a client who happens to be bald.  This is going…

Started by Janet Andoh

2 Jul 9, 2021
Reply by Janet Andoh

Blocked headband

Hi can you tell me the best wire for a blocked headband Thank you  josm

Started by Joan Roberts

1 Jun 17, 2021
Reply by Elaine Mergard

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service