ASK A MILLINER (266)

Discussions Replies Activity

Stiffening Melusine Felts????

Hello                I have never blocked an upturn brim in Melusine and not quite sure how to tackle it as wanted to avoid wiring the brim…

Started by Molly Bunce

0 May 2, 2017

Straw for summer hat

I've made a few boater hats and perching boaters out of parasisal straw which is great for races etc. I want to make myself a summer boater…

Started by Laura

2 Apr 18, 2017
Reply by Laura

Quills in hot water?

Just read on the parkin fabrics facebook page that they recommend putting quills in hot water to soften them before curling. I thought this…

Started by Kylie McLean

13 Mar 31, 2017
Reply by Rebecca Marie Noy

Floppy brim from Sinamay

Any tips on how to create a floppy brim from Sinamay? I know that I would have to use a bias strip sewn together and folded in half. Where…

Started by Kenyatta Johnson

0 Mar 17, 2017

Window Sinamay

Hi All, I'd really like to make a brim of a hat using window sinamay, does anyone have any tips or are there any lessons that cover this?  …

Started by Nicola Horton

0 Mar 13, 2017

How to make a silk abaca "turban" style headband

Hi. Please I try to make silk abaca turban headband but I have problem to finish it. I try a good solution to adjust the headband to the he…

Started by Van nerum veronique

2 Feb 9, 2017
Reply by Van nerum veronique

Saucer blocks

Hello! Is anyone able to provide any hints, tips or photos of how headpieces blocked on saucer blocks are attached to the head? Would you u…

Started by Silpa Kohler

4 Jan 7, 2017
Reply by Evelyne Wheeler

Thimbles...

'Thimbles: Always tricky, I remember being in the swing of using one at one stage, then completely forgot how they 'should' be used.  In t…

Started by Roz Willmott-Dalton

13 Jan 3, 2017
Reply by Chantelle

Guipere lace

I want to add some Guipere lace cut out pieces and applique them to a hat brim. The brim is made out of a courser straw. My question is wha…

Started by Adrienne M Bennett

2 Jan 2, 2017
Reply by Adrienne M Bennett

Cockades and Ribbon Flowers

Does anyone know of a book or video that teaches these specifically? I really need some help.

Started by Alice Davis-Rains

3 Dec 17, 2016
Reply by Kelsey Holt

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service