All Discussions Tagged 'hat' (24)

Discussions Replies Activity

How to ship a hat with large feathers

Hello, I have just finished a custom piece that turned out amazing.  Lots of peacock feathers and swords and...now how do I pack this thing…

Started by Marianne Lewis

4 Apr 23, 2018
Reply by Sharon Panozzo

How to make a wrinkled hat

I have been inspired to make a hat that looks like the hat below. Unfortunately I’m not really sure how to make the wrinkly look that it ha…

Started by Noah Fleming

2 Apr 20, 2018
Reply by Stephanie McCutcheon

Straw for summer hat

I've made a few boater hats and perching boaters out of parasisal straw which is great for races etc. I want to make myself a summer boater…

Started by Laura

2 Apr 18, 2017
Reply by Laura

Sourcing high density polystyrene foam for block making

I have seen some classes including from Judith M. using a special kind of foam for making hat blocks. Does anyone know where to buy the rig…

Started by Corina Haywood

14 May 18, 2016
Reply by Kylie McLean

Where to buy hat display head?

Hello!  I'm looking for hat display head made of fiberglass, has anyone of you have one for sale?  Or maybe you know where to buy?  Desirab…

Started by Modystka La dame

8 Oct 21, 2015
Reply by Kylie McLean

sewing on outside ribbon

How do you sew on ribbon that goes where brim & crown meet. Do you stitch all the way around or just tack? Do you use the same type rib…

Started by stephanie lawrence

8 Feb 1, 2015
Reply by stephanie lawrence

sweat band

Very new to this...Making my first hat. Do you match the groisgrain ribbon for inside hat  to hat color or always use black?

Started by stephanie lawrence

3 Jan 3, 2015
Reply by stephanie lawrence

Cocktail Hat using cocktail hat lesson

Hello Hat Friends- I wanted to share this cocktail hat that my lovely friend Kim ordered for her Mary Kay Cosmetics seminar that took place…

Started by Marianne Lewis

3 Jul 24, 2014
Reply by carena28

millinery cane wire

Hi Does anyone out there use really old fashioned hat blocking techniques?  I trawled the internet to see if there's any instruction on ho…

Started by edith f

3 Mar 1, 2014
Reply by edith f

Satin Ribbon Hat Making

Hello! I am looking for satin ribbon that you use to make satin ribbon hats with. It's the same construction as a straw braided hat. I don'…

Started by J.E. Johnson

5 Feb 16, 2014
Reply by Amy Eliason

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service