HAT CHAT (337)

Discussions Replies Activity

Am i ready to sell?

i have recently discovered a new passion with millinery, although I am fast discovering that it is not a cheap hobby. At the moment I have…

Started by Ness Buhlman

27 Jul 29, 2014
Reply by edith f

do i leave my job after 27 years

hi could someone please help.  I have been working in an office part time for 27 years.  I have been making fascinators 8 years now and hav…

Started by sharon taggart

3 Jul 29, 2014
Reply by edith f

Attaching trimming

I am trying to find out how to attach trimmings at a 90 degree angle on hat. I have a straw button and wish to use the leftover piece of st…

Started by Beth Milne

2 Jul 29, 2014
Reply by edith f

Cocktail Hat using cocktail hat lesson

Hello Hat Friends- I wanted to share this cocktail hat that my lovely friend Kim ordered for her Mary Kay Cosmetics seminar that took place…

Started by Marianne Lewis

3 Jul 24, 2014
Reply by carena28

Piece on the fabulous Mr Stephen Jones

Colin McDowell sits down with Stephen Jones, one of the world’s most celebrated and radical milliners, to discuss the business of making ha…

Started by Susan Fage

2 Jun 25, 2014
Reply by Sharon Panozzo

Favourite hat song?

Here are a few of my fav millinery music tracks. Do you know of any other songs using hats as theme? Written in 1946 for a musical it was…

Started by Elaine Mergard

13 Jun 21, 2014
Reply by Elaine Mergard

CELEBRATING 50 YEARS OF MILLINERY

Fifty years seems a long time ago  – 1964 and 30 girls crowded in a small room, overpowered by the smell of stiffener but our task was defi…

Started by Elaine Mergard

12 Jun 16, 2014
Reply by Margaret Crunkleton

Royal Ascot

Anyone going this year? Or have any pieces going? I'm off on Tuesday finally finished my hat, will post pics after then :-):-)

Started by Susan Fage

0 Jun 14, 2014

Blocking Straw? Advice please

I've mainly blocked felt..and would like to try blocking some straws...all I know is that you would stiffen a straw after it's blocked rath…

Started by Henry Radford

1 Jun 13, 2014
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Melbourne Cup cruise, Sydney to Melbourne 1-6 November 2014

I am hoping to go on this fabulous P & O Cruise.this year, which includes all meals, transfers entry to the Cup, along with fashion com…

Started by carena28

3 Jun 4, 2014
Reply by carena28

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service