ASK A MILLINER (267)

Discussions Replies Activity

Wool Felt

Can you use flat wool felt that you can buy in some fabric stores by the metre for millinery or is it not the same quality as the capelines?

Started by Lesley Wall

0 Mar 22, 2021

Stiffener for Toyo straw

Hi everyone, I haven’t asked anything on here for a while but I was wondering if anyone has advice on stiffening Toyo straw? I have tried a…

Started by Marisa Groom

6 Mar 22, 2021
Reply by Cassie Farr

flower making tools

Is there some way of converting traditional flower making brass tools so they can be used with a soldering iron.

Started by Sharyn Hall

1 Mar 19, 2021
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Blocking felt indents on trilby/fedora crown

How do you block felt over the indents of a fedora or trilby crown block? I have pinned the felt into these indents previously but it leav…

Started by Laura

4 Feb 26, 2021
Reply by Darryll Osborne

Website and e-shop

Hi everyone, I would like to create my own website and e-shop for millinery. Just closed my shop on NuMonday and I have been researching la…

Started by Iliana Hristova

3 Feb 16, 2021
Reply by Amy Fowler

How to finish felt brim?

I've been experimenting with felt (am yet to find a good stiffener that leaves no residue but I remain hopeful!) My brim blocks dont have…

Started by Laura

0 Feb 5, 2021

Beaver hat body and mens hat body suppliers.

I live in the UK , Where do people get their Beaver hat bodies from? I cannot find a supplier.

Started by Sebastian Alexander

0 Feb 5, 2021

Silk Opera hat - adjusting the brim opening

Since this is my 1st post, I will introduce myself.  I have done a bit of professional theater, but now just volunteer for community theate…

Started by Joe Dunfee

0 Feb 3, 2021

Costs to started

Hello there, I want to ask for those doing the course with all the equipment, how much will it be to get started? This will help me alot t…

Started by Simona Galimberti

1 Jan 25, 2021
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Braided headband

Hello, I'm very new to millinery and am keen to make a braided headband out of silk abaca (see below). I've looked on the available course…

Started by Hannah

0 Jan 13, 2021

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service