ASK A MILLINER (267)

Discussions Replies Activity

Sinamay brim edging

Hi milliners Does anyone know how to get a  finish on a sinamay brim edge without using sinamay bias binding or any separate binding please…

Started by Catherine Ward

0 Jan 7, 2021

iridescent silk

I have some lovely iridescent silk and have been experimenting with various ways of stiffening it. I find PVC solutions, wood glue, white g…

Started by Sara

0 Dec 27, 2020

photographing bridal millinery

Hi fellow milliners and I hope this finds you well. I am looking for ways to photograph bridal millinery creations, other than on the white…

Started by Hats by Felicity

1 Dec 2, 2020
Reply by Julie Herbert

Black Buckram

I am a total newbie and I was wondering in what cases you would use black buckram instead of white?

Started by Jennifer Dunlap

1 Jul 5, 2020
Reply by Elaine Mergard

fixing element

Hello everyone! I am a new "milliner-in-training”.I try to create new shape on old block but I stuck on one thing: how to put that „bow” on…

Started by Kasia

2 May 26, 2020
Reply by Kasia

Mad hatter crown blocks

Hi i started hat acadamy two years ago and realy enjoy the lessons, so i purchased a 5 peice sloped crown block which curves inwards on one…

Started by Kate lawrence

1 Apr 22, 2020
Reply by Victoria Regina

How is this tool called

Hello everyone,How is this tool called?Attaching picture for reference.Warmly,Emilis

Started by Emilis Melnikavicius

1 Apr 20, 2020
Reply by Darryll Osborne

How to make this trim?

Hi ,I need to make these twist for my daughters hat this weekend ,and have to be covered with fabric. Can any one help me on how you do th…

Started by kim

5 Apr 2, 2020
Reply by Molly chapman

Mystery Fabric

I have been contacted by 3 sisters. They would each like to bring me fabric in various forms and have me create headwear for them. There wi…

Started by Sara

0 Feb 12, 2020

Making hats with hand arthritis?

Hi Milliners, I just have to ask. Recently diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my hips and starting to feel the symptoms in my hands as well.…

Started by Ninni Salomonson

2 Feb 8, 2020
Reply by Ninni Salomonson

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service