ASK A MILLINER (211)

Discussions Replies Activity

Adhesives

Hello: Can you please recommend a good adhesive for rhinestones and other embellishments on hat bodies? I have tried a glue gun but am unha…

Started by Deloris Dempsey

1 Oct 26, 2019
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Leather brim help please

How do you bind a leather boater hat brim? I've been gluing the bias around because its too thick to sew. Is there another way? Is there a…

Started by Kylie

2 Oct 24, 2019
Reply by Tania Hansen

Felt Crown - Re-fitting / Downsizing a felt crown

I've bought a lovely hat block but it's about 23" in size. What's the best way to block a felt and ultimately fit a21.5" or 22" head? I've…

Started by Anne MacDonald

0 Sep 25, 2019

Can anyone identify this tool?

My grandmother was a milliner in the 1950s and I have recently inherited her sewing case. Does anyone know what this tool is called or what…

Started by Elizabeth Marshall

4 Aug 21, 2019
Reply by Elizabeth Marshall

Dying felt bodies

Hello everyone! Has anyone played with dying felt bodies. For instance, if I can’t get the color needed could I take a white hood and eithe…

Started by Tania Hansen

3 Jul 18, 2019
Reply by Carolyn Devins

how do i create this twisted brim?

Hello, any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to crate a brim similar to the one in the photos. Could anyone help me wi…

Started by Marie-Claire Millinery

3 May 13, 2019
Reply by REGANA LEE NICHOLS

Treating feathers

Hi All, I have been given some beautiful feathers from a fellow with a wildlife sanctuary. I need to wash and treat them. I appreciate any…

Started by Bronnie G Millinery

15 May 12, 2019
Reply by Susannah Greenman

Pork Pie Indentation

Hi Hat Lovers! I have a new pork pie crown that is giving me fits with its indentation.  Other than blocking cane, does anyone have a sugge…

Started by Fielden Willmott

7 May 12, 2019

Fixing Quills

Hi, I am just wondering how you all fix quills to your hats? I tend to sew them on but they always seem a little wobbly! Any advice apprec…

Started by J Searle

7 May 12, 2019

What hat block would you choose?

Hi Everyone, I have a small issue. I have a commisioned piece where the customer would like to wear the hat on the back of the head like th…

Started by Kylie McLean

9 Apr 24, 2019
Reply by Tanya Anderson

FOLLOW US

Subscribe To Newsletter

© 2020   Studio | About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms    

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service