All Discussions Tagged 'Essential Discussions' (16)

Discussions Replies Activity

sewing machines?

As a complete beginner, and someone who's hand stitching leaves a lot to be desired, what sewing machine is recommended by all you experien…

Started by Ruth Connor

76 Mar 5
Reply by Ma Rose

Hat Labels and Linings

There are a lot of talented milliners posting photos of the exteriors of their wonderful creations, which are very inspiring. But, I'd als…

Started by Renee Brown

109 Dec 11, 2018
Reply by Helen Lee Marshall

Used Hat Blocks

For some beginners affording and sourcing the needed hat blocks can prove challenging. What are some creative ways of getting around this i…

Started by Deniese Dennis

56 Dec 2, 2018
Reply by Miss Hope

Whats your studio/workroom like? Share some images

Hi All, I am looking for some inspiration for studio design. My room has been ready to paint and fill with goodies for around 6mths, but I…

Started by Kylie McLean

20 Sep 26, 2018
Reply by Anne MacDonald

Hat Memorabilia

Study the past, if you would divine the future. Share here your memories, pictures, advertisements, magazines, videos of all things classic…

Started by Hat Academy

37 Sep 17, 2018
Reply by Elaine Mergard

What's your studio look like?

Originally my studio was a portion of the family room with clutter for all to see and constant interruptions. When my first child moved ou…

Started by Elaine Mergard

31 Jun 13, 2018
Reply by Cynthia Hicks

Consulting at home, theirs or yours?

How do those of you without showrooms, shops, stockists or other outlets meet with your clients, to decide styles, match colours and fittin…

Started by Jain Kidsley

19 May 24, 2018
Reply by Cynthia G Peacock

Using Dyes & Fabric Paints

Does anyone buy plain sinamay, straw, etc....and then dye it in the colors you want? If so, what types of dye/fabric paints do you use?

Started by Renee Brown

24 Mar 3, 2018
Reply by Kayi Rose Mivedor

HAT BOXES - to box or not to box?

Hello everyone, I have a few questions about hat boxes. When a customer purchases a piece from you do you... -Give them an option of a hat…

Started by Melissa Barnes

24 Sep 26, 2017
Reply by Maureen Prairie

Hat prices

As I'm new to millinery I'm still to learn afew things, well Alot, but my biggest concern is how to I determine how much to sell a hat for?…

Started by Melissa Rath

30 Apr 19, 2017
Reply by Suzanne Williams

FOLLOW US

Subscribe To Newsletter

© 2019   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms    

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service