MILLINERY BUSINESS (56)

Discussions Replies Activity

How do you advertise your hats?

I've been researching a few options to try and get my new website out there in the eye of new customers in Australia. I'd love to know how…

Started by Melissa Barnes

4 Apr 22, 2014
Reply by Margaret Crunkleton

1st Photo Shoot Prep

Hello all, I am preparing for my first photo shoot this weekend at my studio! :)  I have been so focused on finishing hats that I realize I…

Started by Amy Eliason

4 Feb 16, 2014
Reply by Amy Eliason

hat lining and labels

It really depends on the shape of the hat.  Sometimes I block the lining in the hat.  In the one shown, I cut out a bias strip, stitched a…

Started by Adella Millinery

0 Nov 21, 2013

Client conversations

I'm starting out with the millinery game, and have just put up a facebook page and starting to design a website. I am starting to attract s…

Started by Sophie Allport

15 Oct 11, 2013
Reply by Melissa Barnes

MILLINERY BUSINESS PLANS

Hi I'm in the process of creating my first "proper" collection for 2013. I want to write up a 5 year business plan to use it as a tool for…

Started by Vivienne Morgan Millinery

12 Jul 15, 2013
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Photography

hello everybody, I just thought I'll tell you about my experience I've had with some professionals, namely photographers, makeup artist and…

Started by Monika Neuhauser

3 Apr 30, 2013

Surviving Hat Making Deadlines?

Two weeks before Melbourne Cup & I am "surviving" on 3 hrs sleep each night. At 55 yrs of age I decided this is heart attack material s…

Started by Elaine Mergard

5 Apr 11, 2013
Reply by Leah Cassidy

How to get good press in magazines?

Hello everybody Could anybody please advise the best way to get good press in magazines / media? Many thanks Gemma

Started by Gemma j millinery

2 Mar 22, 2013
Reply by Gemma j millinery

Selling a collection

I am about to start my first collection and want to know a bit more about how this works. Do you get different kinds of collections like a…

Started by Anel Heyman

6 Jan 12, 2013
Reply by Vivienne Morgan Millinery

Marketing & Sales Advice Needed

Hello Hat Academy Friends, I am fairly new to the Millinery Industry but have been a designer for over 10 years. I have 11 pieces in an ups…

Started by Cara DeLaRosa-Harrison

1 Nov 27, 2012
Reply by Hat Academy

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service