HAT CHAT (337)

Discussions Replies Activity

Difficulty stiffening

Hi, I have purchased a vintage fine straw hood and have blocked in a beret. I stiffened with chemical stiffener and then removed from the b…

Started by Julie of Middleton Millinery

7 Sep 16, 2013
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Selling hats in store?

A local boutique will be selling my hats in store. This is my first time doing this. Does anyone have any tips for me? Any advice would be…

Started by carena28

12 Aug 29, 2013
Reply by carena28

Children and Hats

My question is this:  I have wondered for a while "when do girls start to seriously wear hats?  Is there a "coming of age thing"?  I have b…

Started by marge crunkleton

5 Aug 28, 2013
Reply by Louise Björnram

Autumn trends??

What do you think is going to be 'hot' for autumn? Will the return of Downton Abbey see the cloche return with a vengeance? Or is the Fedor…

Started by Susan Fage

22 Aug 25, 2013
Reply by carena28

thanks Elaine

Ive been meaning to do this for ages, thank you so much for your wonderful class at the recent 'Hats Off to Brisbane"..fabulous and great t…

Started by Cynthia Bryson

2 Aug 24, 2013
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Hat Boxes on sale

I have discounted my stackable hat boxes by 50% as I have run out of storage room.They are now $10 each plus postage. So if you would like…

Started by Janita McCloy

0 Aug 19, 2013

Sinamay stiffner

I believe the answer is somewhere in these forums but I couldn't find it. I bought some unstiffened sinamay that I dyed...but was wondering…

Started by Rebecca Wesley

1 Aug 13, 2013
Reply by Hat Academy

What did you love about The Great Gatsby?

Having now seen "The Great Gatsby" I can understand why everyone is raving about the hats,headwear & costumes. What did you love about…

Started by Elaine Mergard

7 Aug 12, 2013
Reply by Margaret Gill

is there a difference between couture and haute couture?

i have seen lots of milliners recently, well in the UK anyhow that use couture either within their business name, tagline or product descri…

Started by kate henry

8 Aug 2, 2013
Reply by carena28

Hats Off to Brisbane Millinery Conference 2013

"Hats Off to Brisbane" Millinery Conference went off with a bang, commencing on Sunday 31st June with a Trade day, Master Milliner competit…

Started by Elaine Mergard

3 Jul 19, 2013
Reply by Emily jean o Byrne

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service