ASK A MILLINER (266)

Discussions Replies Activity

Waterproof hats

I would like to know what to use to make a hat that can be worn in rainy weather? Is there is some spray or special stiffener maybe? 

Started by Anna Wisniewska

2 May 28, 2021
Reply by Anna Wisniewska

Treating an old hat block

I’ve just acquired a vintage hat block. It’s still in beautiful shape but the wood seems a bit dry and I see a tiny crack appearing. It doe…

Started by Jennifer Dunlap

1 May 27, 2021
Reply by Darryll Osborne

Velour felt finish!

Hey guys, first post here, so happy to have a community of hatters :) I am making a peachbloom felt hat and the fur looks a bit rough after…

Started by Charlene whitehead

0 May 19, 2021

How to Remove a grease stain mark from white straw hat

Please can someone advise me how to remove a grease stain from a white straw hat. Stale bread was suggested, but is there anything else th…

Started by Lorna Crooks

0 May 12, 2021

Raffia braid help

Where can I find information on constructing a natural raffia straw braid hat? Thanks for your help!

Started by Heather Kasper

0 Apr 20, 2021

What size Nagoise feathers should I purchase?

I am in the U.S. and subscribed to the feather hat making course. I understand that I need to get some nagoise feathers, but it does not sa…

Started by Tiffani Nguyen

1 Apr 10, 2021
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Can't eat this donut ..

Ladies and Gents, I recently purchased this donut block, just because I loved it but I don't know what I can do with it?  Does anyone have…

Started by Hats by Felicity

3 Mar 28, 2021
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Help on how to get materials

How do I get materials am I Nigeria,we hardly get some materials

Started by Eucharia

1 Mar 23, 2021
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Learning to make hats vs embellishing hats and making hat accessories.

Hello all,  I'm new to hat academy and am considering taking some courses. Perhaps the fasteners, distressing hats, and the business course…

Started by BrianW

2 Mar 23, 2021
Reply by BrianW

Wool Felt

Can you use flat wool felt that you can buy in some fabric stores by the metre for millinery or is it not the same quality as the capelines?

Started by Lesley Wall

0 Mar 22, 2021

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service