ASK A MILLINER (266)

Discussions Replies Activity

Beret blocks

I was wondering how to use a beret block to make an old-fashioned simple winter wool felt beret. Can you use it without having to felt it y…

Started by Aylwen Gardiner-Garden

3 Oct 19, 2018
Reply by Jane Yang

Making béret: with or without wire?

hi I would you make a beret, French style beret (Full head) but I m not sure if I need to put wire or not? anyone can help me please ?

Started by Van nerum veronique

0 Oct 14, 2018

Starting out advise

Hello!  Just wondering if anybody has any good tips and tricks for starting out? Looking to buy some blocks of my own could anybody recomm…

Started by Jessica Connelly

12 Oct 3, 2018
Reply by Paul A Hernandez

What material is best for this?

Hi everyone! Please can someone suggest the best material to achieve the effect on the attached image? Needs to be a solid colour and not s…

Started by Alexandra Davies

1 Sep 21, 2018
Reply by Elaine Mergard

How do you use the Pin pusher

I thought when I ordered this tool that the push pin would be inserted into the pusher. When I got the red push pins the top is just flat. …

Started by Vanessa Walker

5 Sep 3, 2018
Reply by MARY KINGSFORD

Getting the fluff back into feathers.

How do you get the fluff back into ostrich feathers?  I did a show over the weekend where half they day it was socked in with drizzle and h…

Started by Suzanne Love

1 Aug 23, 2018
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Spray Painting Parisisal

Hi everyone! :) I'm looking to purchase the couture parasisal course, as a client has asked me for a pari hat.  It will be the first time t…

Started by Olivia Turner

4 Aug 20, 2018
Reply by Olivia Turner

Wide rubber bands to put around crown block

where do get these?  Can use blocking rope for this?

Started by Vanessa Walker

1 Aug 19, 2018
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Straw Buntal

I hope someone can help me!! I bought this straw buntal from Spain and when I opened the box I found the buntal completely stiff as a board…

Started by Fiona McToal

2 Aug 1, 2018
Reply by Fiona McToal

Price Range

Hello everyone!I was wondering what different Milliner's price rangers were. If anyone would be willing to share, I'd be grateful to see wh…

Started by Chloe Mitchell

0 Jul 24, 2018

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service