Just wondering what the loosely woven material on the outer layer of the brim of this hat is called and where you can purchase it. Thanks.


Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is called Basket Weave/ Windowpane/ Latice Weave Sinamay. As you can imagine because of open weave it does not have strength of regular sinamay. Beware of cheap quality as you will need to pre-stiffen it yourself. 


Thanks Elaine.


I would love to see a lesson about using transparent products like window pane sinamay or veiling to achieve this look. Is it principly the same as the crinolation techniques?



Me too!


Subscribe To Newsletter

   © 2020   Studio | About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms    

   |     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service