ASK A MILLINER (266)

Discussions Replies Activity

Making a French bicorn hat - advice and tips appreciated

Hi there, Has anyone here ever made a French bicorn hat? I'm working on the costume team for a local production of Les Miserables in a fe…

Started by Christine Amanda

3 Aug 22, 2017
Reply by Aylwen Gardiner-Garden

Questions about working with polyester

I'm about to make a Fedora and I'm wanting to make it using polyester.  I've read and watched a lot of tutorials on making them with felt,…

Started by Quinn

4 Aug 13, 2017
Reply by David Aldred

Packable hat

Hello! I had a client request a packable hat. Any suggestions as to what straw is most resilient after a fold-and-roll? Many thanks!

Started by Britt Von Decker

1 Jul 31, 2017
Reply by Sophie

Conformature

I been investigating the 1800 century tool the conformature, would love to learn more. Any information on this would be appreciated... is t…

Started by Natalee Schelbach

3 Jul 31, 2017
Reply by Sophie

making hat block bigger

My biggest wooden hat block is 23". I have a customer with a 24.5" head measurement. Any suggestions?

Started by stephanie lawrence

3 May 30, 2017
Reply by Darryll Osborne

Split leather

Does anyone else experience leather splitting like this? Is there anything you can do to mend it without dousing it in glue? I understand i…

Started by Silpa Kohler

3 May 25, 2017
Reply by Sophie Allport

Flower making tools

which tools for millinery flowers - electric with attachments, or the original hand held ones? really cant decide which to invest in, any f…

Started by kate henry

21 May 18, 2017
Reply by Natalie Flower

Elastic

Hi there, I have been making quite a few perchers lately, but I was just wondering what people use to cover the wire frame? And also, how…

Started by Michelle Robinson

9 May 17, 2017
Reply by Silpa Kohler

Dying lace

Hello milliners, I am planning on dying 2 abstract laces, I am thrilled with both laces as they are the perfect patterns to match the dres…

Started by Ella Stevens

3 May 9, 2017
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Problems with Large Disc Hats

I have trouble making a large disc hat stay comfortably and securely on the head and wondered if anyone had any tips or advice? I've recen…

Started by Rebecca Louise

13 May 6, 2017
Reply by Shandana De La Rivière

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service