HAT CHAT (337)

Discussions Replies Activity

Weird or what?

Having just come back from my (very hot) visit to the UK, I would like to share a very strange thing that happened on my train journey to v…

Started by Ruth Connor

1 Jul 25, 2015
Reply by Sharon Panozzo

Is It worth offering a re-trim service to your customers?

Milliners are often approached by customers with their favourite hats in hand, requesting if they offer re-trim services. For some this mig…

Started by Elaine Mergard

4 Jul 21, 2015
Reply by Queen E. Settles

Covering straw hat with Guipure lace

I would like to cover the crown and brim of a straw hat with some add some guipure lace.  I was wondering how to cut it, to get it to lay f…

Started by Donna Maria Holt

0 Jul 10, 2015

Felt for Spring Racing..yea or nay?!

Hi everyone, Just like to get your thoughts on felt hats for Spring Racing this year... I've heard it's not appropriate for Melbourne at th…

Started by Crystal

7 Jul 3, 2015
Reply by Crystal

Items for Sale - Brand new, unused for Beginners Course 1-10

Hi everyone.....Due to a change in my circumstances I am unfortunately unable to commence my hat making course (Beginners Course, Lessons 1…

Started by Annette Thompson

1 Jun 30, 2015
Reply by Jennifer Knight

Hats of the World!

Have you ever looked at a style of hat and wondered where it has come from, why it was made like that and who it might have been for? Just…

4 Jun 26, 2015
Reply by Kathleen Wille

CAPTION CONTEST!

Do your pets love your Studio as much as you do? Caught Sheba sitting in this hat keeping herself cosy & warm! What the clients do not…

19 Jun 11, 2015
Reply by Stephanie

youtube tutorials on photography

I have watched a few videos and the content is amazing, easy to follow and there is even a video on how to change your background, make the…

Started by Shara LaFave

1 Jun 7, 2015
Reply by Hat Academy

Lining per her headpieces

Can anyone tell me how you go about lining a leather percher piece please? I have successfully blocked a teardrop shape and now need to kno…

Started by Kylie Gould

3 May 29, 2015
Reply by Bridget Early

"Flowers: Fake it or make it?"

"Flowers: Fake it or make it?" - Do others feel guilty using pre-made flowers or prefer just to make it themselves despite the cost of time…

Started by Sophie Allport

6 May 29, 2015
Reply by Bridget Early

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service