Many of our members came to know and appreciate Greer McDonald, through 
our Hat Academy community. It is with great sadness we wish to inform all of Greer's passing, after battling with illness for many years. Greer discovered millinery in her 60's and found her real passion. So many of you appreciated her millinery creations & she in return encouraged many as she posted her hat pics or shared her millinery tips in discussions. "A life that touches others goes on forever."

Views: 736

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am so very saddened to hear of Greer's passing.  I came to know her through our time on Hat Academy, and while we never met in person, I always felt that we were kindred spirits. Prayers and blessings to her family.

This is sad news and my condolences to Greers family, I too got to know of Greer through her passion of sharing her knowledge on various social media groups.

I had the pleasure of meeting Greer when she attended my Millinery Class at the Adelaide Campus of TafeSA. She was an outstanding student and approached her millinery with style and attention to detail. In fact, there was never a stitch out of place. She always presented innovative, classy and well constructed headwear,  and was motivation to the rest of the class. Rest in Peace, Greer,  you were a pleasure to teach and an inspiration to us all.

I am so shocked and saddened to hear of Greer's passing!!  I had no idea she was so ill.  She was always so kind and supportive, and left many likes and favorites in my Etsy shop for my hats!!  Her work was exemplary of her skill and pristine style!!  A true gentlewoman!!  She will be sorely missed in our community!! The mission of bringing back the hat has lost a force to be reckoned with!!  God bless you Greer!!   Perhaps she will keep all of the angels in Heaven beautifully haloed!!

OMG....just saw this post and am shocked and saddened at the news. Greer's hats and posts were so inspiring. She will truly be missed and my condolences go out to her family and friends.

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service