"Study the Past to define the Future." During my training in millinery, tailoring and dressmaking in 1964/65 we had to study Fashion Design from former eras then design current fashion wear with '64 styling, based on these gowns of yesteryear. We had to produce 20 sketches for subject 'Costume Designing' with details and here are a 6 of these especially for all who have a love of vintage.

» More vintage millinery

Tags: vintage millinery

Views: 733

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow - what wonderful sketches and written details! This was quite an assignment and a lot of drawing. You are a wonderful artist Elaine and this was a treat to see... thank you for sharing it! 

In the 60s Copyright was not a legal issue as it is today & we actually had to do research in library and they allowed us to trace the shapes then we had to fill in detail for home work with a horrid fine pointed Black ink pen called a repitograph. There is a complete set of 20 pics. At the time I could not see the value of so much work ...would sooner have been making hats!!  E xx  

Thank you for sharing these beautiful sketches, Elaine. I'd love to see the others. Your knowledge is amazing. I love Hat Academy - so much inspiration! 

Glad you appreciate them. Will put on my' to do' list to scan in rest and add here. So glad Hat Academy is inspiring & helping you to excel - Happy Easter, E xx 

Now framed and mounted on my hall way!

I just found your wonderful sketches again, Elaine. I am very interested in history of fashion. I have enrolled in your Doll and Bear Hat Making course and while I was thinking about outfits to go with the hats I am dreaming about, I remembered seeing your lovely sketches. Have you thought if scanning some of the others. I would love to see them.

Hi Rhondda, Glad you are enjoying Hats for Dolls & Bears course https://shop.hatacademy.com/collections/studio-subscription/product... & it is inspiring you to style in yesteryear fashion -will search files to check on others we scanned in. The Tudor period is so elaborate. E xx 

I would be very interested to see more of your sketches. I love Tudor fashion. Olga Watkins from Swish and Swirl has developed some beautiful patterns for American Girl dolls and A Girl for All Time dolls based on the Tudor and Elizabethan era. She has a Facebook page - Swish & Swirl.

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service