All Discussions Tagged 'hat' (25)

Discussions Replies Activity

Felt hat old looking

Hi all, I’m going thru different techniques to make new felt hats look older, but somehow I saw a hat that is using I suppose oil or someth…

Started by Daniela Sanz

0 Mar 29

What is the best hat for a roof cleaner?

Hello, I'm asking on behalf of a dear friend who cleans moss off roof shingles in Seattle for a living. The summer is over now so it's nice…

Started by LynnT91

0 Nov 18, 2023

How to give a hat shape/stiffness?

Hello! I am interested in jijin hats, a kind of liturgical hat that was used in China. I'm trying to figure out what material would be used…

Started by Mary

0 Sep 8, 2023

About the grade of a Montecristi Panama Hat hand woven by Domingo Carranza

About the grade. Explanation.

Started by Lucia Agnese Sciarra

0 Feb 5, 2023

Trend Setting with Tartan?

When I think of the colder months I am instantly reminded of the Tartan skirts I used to wear to school.  Lately I have been seeing Tartan…

Started by Sophie Allport

4 Mar 2, 2021
Reply by ashleydaniel

Do most hats need a band on the inside?

Hello, I am branching out in my hatmaking and getting more serious about it. I used to just make crochet beanies and fabric scrub caps. Now…

Started by Jen Schaper

1 Sep 29, 2020
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Panama Toquilla straw

Hi, can anyone recommend where to buy panama/toquilla straw to make summer hats from? Ideally after white and natural colours, UK if possib…

Started by Laura

0 Jun 29, 2020

roll up starw hat?

Any idea what material I should be looking for to make a roll up hat for the summer? one that cane be taken in a suitcase etc and will spri…

Started by Laura

1 May 12, 2020
Reply by Jorge Ceme Joza

International Millinery Competition - $3,000 + in prizes

The 2020 Sydney Royal Easter Show Arts & Crafts competition schedule has just been released (see link). Thanks to our generous supporte…

Started by Bec Bayss

0 Oct 26, 2019

Heated hat blocks

I brought these from Byron Bay and will eventually get them to Hobart to my millinery studio shop . I have  used one for a day four years a…

Started by Haidee Neill

0 Jul 31, 2019

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service