HAT CHAT (313)

Discussions Replies Activity

Sewing Machine for straw hats

For making straw hats, am I allowed to use any sewing machine or do I have to buy one of those Wilcox Gibbs or Grossmann straw braid machin…

Started by BoaterMan

4 Dec 4, 2019
Reply by Tania Hansen

SEWING

I am a new subscriber to the Hat Academy and keen to learn millinery. I need advice if it would be beneficial to my millinery learning to a…

Started by Kim

1 Nov 25, 2019
Reply by Elaine Mergard

HATS & HAIR

The Duchess of Cambridge has adapted her hair style to suit her hat of the day. Should you determine the hairstyle first….or decide on the…

Started by Elaine Mergard

22 Nov 10, 2019
Reply by Melissa Barnes

Paint for sinamay

hi everyone just wondering if anyone could recommend a paint it spray paint to colour a plain sinamay base. Something that's cheap and easy…

Started by Charlene McMahon

1 Nov 10, 2019
Reply by Melissa Barnes

Draped Felt

I have been enamored by draped hats, mainly felts. What type of felt would be best to do this on? Are they all the same in regards to stret…

Started by Kathy Martingilio

0 Nov 10, 2019

International Millinery Competition - $3,000 + in prizes

The 2020 Sydney Royal Easter Show Arts & Crafts competition schedule has just been released (see link). Thanks to our generous supporte…

Started by Bec Bayss

0 Oct 26, 2019

Sailor Hats

Volunteered myself at  a new high school's drama department. Have made a maid's bonnet and two british sailor hats and am working on their…

Started by Helen Lee Marshall

0 Oct 13, 2019

Underwelt or overwelt a felt brim

Hello I'm just starting out making fur felt fedoras. When it comes to trimming the brim I'm trying to find out how to overwelt or under wel…

Started by Catherine Ward

0 Oct 13, 2019

Who is on Instagram?

Instagram is a fun way to share your photos of hats and life with friends. What's your Instagram name?

Started by Hat Academy

32 Oct 10, 2019
Reply by Bec Bayss

Make shift tools

hi all, I’m slowly building my Millinery tool kit. I have purchased a hat block, steamer and capelines, finally. I want to start blocking a…

Started by Kaiatana Teel

0 Oct 1, 2019

FOLLOW US

Subscribe To Newsletter

© 2020   Studio | About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms    

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service