ASK A MILLINER (265)

Discussions Replies Activity

Do you get overly attached to some of your hats?

There are times when I think I have an unhealthy attachment to my hats.  I want each and every hat to go to a good home where they will be…

Started by Bridget Early

16 Oct 30, 2012
Reply by Bridget Early

Advice for preventing feather spliting.

Hello ladies, I'm wondering if anyone can offer tips for preserving feathers and how to prevent them from spliting. Thank you, Lisa http://…

Started by Lisa Klekner

6 Oct 28, 2012
Reply by Ellen B Kahn

want to crystalise a quill .. how easy is it to do?

want to add crystals to a quill, would the kandi kane do the job for me or do i have to apply with stronger glue - only want some scattered…

Started by kate henry

6 Oct 20, 2012
Reply by Cara DeLaRosa-Harrison

ratio of large hats to small hats

I am new to selling at events and just spent two days selling at a professional women's event.  I learned that I would have a table at this…

Started by Bridget Early

6 Oct 20, 2012
Reply by Bridget Early

Hand Welting a brim

Does anyone know of any video or picture tutorials on hand welting a brim ? Ive been searching on the web and  have not had any real luck f…

Started by Samantha Nieves

3 Oct 19, 2012
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Veil disc

Hi, I need some help. I'm trying to make a veil disc, but i'm not able to join or fix the veil properly to be tight enough. Any idea? Thank…

Started by Zaré Graña

2 Oct 4, 2012
Reply by Zaré Graña

Block Rentals??

Is anyone aware of a business in the US that leases or rents blocks for short term? They are so expensive, It sounds like a good business i…

Started by Kathleen Gaffey

12 Oct 3, 2012
Reply by Megan Beverley

What Stiffener to use ?

First of all I am so glad I have found a site for fellow Milliners being in rural Queensland its a blessing to have a site like this. Now w…

Started by Lauren

9 Sep 13, 2012
Reply by Aoife Kirwan

Hat Ethics

I'm very new to hat making.  In fact, it would be presumptuous for me to call myself a milliner.  I will say I'm fairly adept at many hat m…

Started by Cynthia G Peacock

7 Aug 29, 2012
Reply by Cynthia G Peacock

CAN YOU USE FELT STIFFENER TO STIFFEN SINAMAY?

Urgent question...! Does anyone know if you can use Crodalac felt stiffener to stiffen sinamay? I've made a free-form sinamay wire brimmed…

Started by Vivienne Morgan Millinery

3 Aug 27, 2012
Reply by Vivienne Morgan Millinery

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service