ASK A MILLINER (266)

Discussions Replies Activity

hat block front/back

Is the hat size number on the bottom of a hat block the front or back of the hat?

Started by Sheila Meserschmidt

1 Dec 4, 2015
Reply by Darryll Osborne

Felt by the yard or meter

Can anyone tell me if they have bought felt by the yard or meter? This is to make a hat from an old vogue pattern that I have and I would…

Started by Shelagh Picton

4 Oct 26, 2015
Reply by Shelagh Picton

sizing

Iam Barbara and i would like to know what type of sizing do you use on visca material to stiffen it

Started by barbara fagon

0 Oct 22, 2015

making hat smaller

How do you make a felt hat size 22" fit a 21" head. Can you use an  adjustable inner band? or somehow add felt to inside? I also have a 22.…

Started by stephanie lawrence

4 Aug 30, 2015
Reply by stephanie lawrence

How to: Advice or instructions to make fancy turban-like hat?

Hi All, Can anyone help me with advice or instructions to make something similar to the below hat/turban?

Started by Katie Marks

1 Aug 30, 2015
Reply by Sharon Panozzo

Giving fur felt a velour finish?

Hi Everyone - I have a beautiful fur felt hood with a single sided velour finish that I'd like to block into a style where the underside of…

Started by Tiffany Arey

5 Aug 20, 2015
Reply by Ivana Howcroft

Headband options?

Hi Everyone! Headbands - any recommendations of a comfortable type? The thin wire ones always seem to press behind the ear and become uncom…

Started by Belinda Green

5 Jul 28, 2015
Reply by Jain Kidsley

Felt trims--when to glue and when to stitch?

Hello, experienced milliners. I'm working on a felt cloche on which I've applied some pointy sword-like felt pieces as trim. In general, I…

Started by Kim Fraser

11 Jun 22, 2015
Reply by Kim Fraser

Dying pre-made hats?

I'm very new to hat making and was wondering if it was possible to dye ready made white hats or fascinators? And, if so what dye would you…

Started by Emily

0 Apr 24, 2015

stiffening felt bows?

Hi all, can someone tell me the best way to make very structural stiff felt bows please? Also not quite sure which stiffener is the best to…

Started by Kylie Gould

5 Apr 11, 2015
Reply by Sharon Panozzo

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service