All Discussions Tagged 'millinery' (15)

Discussions Replies Activity

How to give a hat shape/stiffness?

Hello! I am interested in jijin hats, a kind of liturgical hat that was used in China. I'm trying to figure out what material would be used…

Started by Mary

0 Sep 8, 2023

Can't eat this donut ..

Ladies and Gents, I recently purchased this donut block, just because I loved it but I don't know what I can do with it?  Does anyone have…

Started by Hats by Felicity

3 Mar 28, 2021
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Trend Setting with Tartan?

When I think of the colder months I am instantly reminded of the Tartan skirts I used to wear to school.  Lately I have been seeing Tartan…

Started by Sophie Allport

4 Mar 2, 2021
Reply by ashleydaniel

We can photograph, wherever you are in the world.

We regularly get asked to do photographs from milliners who are not based near us in the UK. We wanted to see if there is a way we can deli…

Started by Jon Busby

0 Jul 7, 2020

HATS & HAIR

The Duchess of Cambridge has adapted her hair style to suit her hat of the day. Should you determine the hairstyle first….or decide on the…

Started by Elaine Mergard

22 Nov 10, 2019
Reply by Melissa Barnes

Heated hat blocks

I brought these from Byron Bay and will eventually get them to Hobart to my millinery studio shop . I have  used one for a day four years a…

Started by Haidee Neill

0 Jul 31, 2019

Taking the spring out if wire

Does anyone have any tips for taking the spring out of wire before wiring a brim? Clearly my technique is somewhat lacking as one of my las…

Started by Jen Marsh

2 Oct 30, 2018
Reply by Jen Marsh

Who would you do a millinery internship with?

I'd love to know: (1) if you've done a millinery internship, who was it with and what did you achieve/ learn whilst you were there and (2)…

Started by Vivienne Morgan Millinery

8 Jul 4, 2017
Reply by Sally Thomas

Crowns Reign?

"From delicate metal leaves, to halos of flowers, and laser-cut perspex numbers, crowns are tipped to be de rigueur at the sporting event s…

Started by Elaine Mergard

0 Nov 30, 2015

Looking into immigration or internship in Australia

I am recently been toying with the idea to immigrate or find internship in Australia to gain more experience and be able to have some class…

Started by Irina Bluebird

0 Jun 12, 2015

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service