HAT CHAT (337)

Discussions Replies Activity

Would anyone know the Milliner behind this design?

Hi there! I'll be attending the KY Derby for the first time this May and have been exploring the the world of Millinery. I came across a d…

Started by Jahana Wazir

1 May 29, 2015
Reply by Shara LaFave

Wrapping quills

Hello, I am loving these flower and vine style headpieces at the moment. Can anyone tell me what the quills are wrapped in and how do they…

Started by Kylie Gould

5 May 29, 2015
Reply by Shara LaFave

buying sinamay

Where do you get your sinamay fabric from? Just starting with sinamay, as I have ben working with felt but want to try to make spring &…

Started by stephanie lawrence

3 May 28, 2015
Reply by Shara LaFave

Wiring support technique

Hi milliners. I am wanting to make a couple of large tear drop and saucer type hats which sit at the front on the forehead. One will have a…

Started by carena28

13 May 28, 2015
Reply by Shara LaFave

Wiring The Crown & Brim

Does anyone have a tip on how to sew the wire inside the crown of a hat using a zigzag sewing machine that does not have a free arm?

Started by Queen E. Settles

2 May 28, 2015
Reply by Queen E. Settles

Hat conformateur

I was wondering if you would have a hat conformateur or know someone who is selling one?

Started by thamner

1 May 11, 2015
Reply by Queen E. Settles

Silk Abaca in the rain!!

Has anyone had experience of how silk abaca trims react if they are worn in the rain? I mean drizzle or a shower but not heavy downpours? H…

Started by Marion Lowe

8 May 6, 2015
Reply by House of Adorn

Milliners in London?

I am relatively new to London life and have been struggling to find a hub for like-minded, creative people such as myself. I feel that I wo…

Started by Lottie Sparks

8 May 6, 2015
Reply by Jessica Connelly

sizing solutions

Hello Academy,    I am trying to research formulas for hat stiffeners.  I am interested in a shellac based sizing,  and I wonder if anyone…

Started by Ignatius

1 Apr 29, 2015
Reply by House of Adorn

How do you get into your Creative Zone?

Creativity is a funny thing, it can keep you up all night once it gets started but the trick is knowing how to turn it on when you need it…

Started by Sophie Allport

5 Apr 27, 2015
Reply by carena28

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service