ASK A MILLINER (265)

Discussions Replies Activity

HAT BOXES - to box or not to box?

Hello everyone, I have a few questions about hat boxes. When a customer purchases a piece from you do you... -Give them an option of a hat…

Started by Melissa Barnes

35 Mar 23, 2023
Reply by Jemsnixon

Dyeing leather

Hi and a happy new year wherever you may be! I’m in a cold dark wet UK with a bit of a challenge…..got a client with a beautiful crazy brig…

Started by Penny Cummings

2 Mar 8, 2023
Reply by Wilbert Stevens

Embroidered tulle Brim

Hello! It's been a while since I've been here. Had quite a creative block for a while and only sold $480 last year I'm heading for a bright…

Started by Helen Lee Marshall

5 Feb 11, 2023
Reply by Thomas Black

Felt Stiffener to be invisible

Hello wonderful milliners, Please could you advise the best methods you have found when stiffening felt for an upturned brim, so it will be…

Started by Marisa Groom

1 Feb 2, 2023
Reply by Elaine Mergard

Help with vintage veiling

I’m repurposing a veil for a bride - using her mother’s headpiece. The veiling was quite discolored, and I was able to pull the color back…

Started by Tiffani Thompson

0 Nov 30, 2022

How to use straw braid machines and missing parts

Hi Millinery friends, I hope someone can help me. A friend gave me two straw braid machines, Anita B and Dresdensia B made by Grossmann. Th…

Started by Ninni Salomonson

12 Nov 25, 2022
Reply by ANTONIO MORAL

Grossman Anita b straw sewing machine, need help

Hola a todos, espero que alguien pueda ayudarme. Vivo en España. Hace unos días compré una máquina de coser paja Grossmann Anita B. Me falt…

Started by ANTONIO MORAL

2 Nov 2, 2022
Reply by ANTONIO MORAL

Best Cleaner to Purchase for Jiffy Steamer in Australia

Hi fellow milliners I would like to know which is the best cleaner to purchase for my Jiffy steamer in Australia please. It's in need of so…

Started by Ann Carni

2 Sep 19, 2022
Reply by Ann Carni

Rollable Panama Fedora

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any advice about making a rollable Panama Fedora? I know there’s a particular shape of Plante…

Started by Marisa Groom

0 Jul 24, 2022

hexagon hat boxes

Hello, Does anyone know where I can purchase hexagon hat boxes that would ship to the US? Thanks

Started by Michael James Pollard

1 Mar 3, 2022
Reply by Formé Millinery

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service