ASK A MILLINER (265)

Discussions Replies Activity

Blocking Velvet

How do you block velvet. Thanks, Angie

Started by Angie Hall Sandifer

4 Oct 29, 2016
Reply by Angie Hall Sandifer

Silver metallic leather

Hi was hoping to get some advice, working with metallic leathers at the moment, loving the shimmer, except  the silver, when making leather…

Started by Shauna M Caddy

6 Oct 26, 2016
Reply by Jane Stoddart

How to make a bridal bird cage veil with the veil removable

How do you make a bird cage veil so that the veil can be removed and just the brooch worn for the reception?  I've made one before but not…

Started by Lynda Dwyer Ninness

4 Aug 17, 2016
Reply by Jayne Coney

Should you use stiffener on a Panama Straw hat ?

Do any Milliners out there know if it is common practice to use stiffener on Panama Straw. I am making a 4" brim Fedora style. I am worried…

Started by Courtney Cameron

2 Aug 11, 2016
Reply by Courtney Cameron

How to sand and "polish"a wool felt?

I would like to learn how can I have a better finish for my wool felt with the technique to sanded or polish it.Anyone can help me please?…

Started by Van nerum veronique

2 Aug 10, 2016
Reply by Van nerum veronique

Veiled hats

Hi, I'm a beginner in the millinery world. I ust wanted to know how can I sew a piece of veil under a pillbox hat, please? Thank you very…

Started by Priscila Barros

2 Aug 3, 2016
Reply by edith f

Cotton abaca

Dear Friends,  I 'm going to use cotton abaca fabric for my first time to make a fascinator. I've prepared the base also blocking abaca. No…

Started by Emanuela Bracaglia

2 Jul 31, 2016
Reply by Emanuela Bracaglia

Painting on Felt

Hello fellow milliners, has anyone ever brush painted or spray painted on felt? I don´t mean to dye felt but to actually paint patterns on…

Started by Susann Hinkel

1 Jul 28, 2016
Reply by edith f

Millinery Glue - Productions Concoctions

Hi I was watching a construction video on Stephen Jones YouTube channel, I wondered what kind of adhesive is being used to fuse the fabrics…

Started by Henry Radford

4 Jun 21, 2016
Reply by Henry Radford

Dye wool felt capeline

I'm wanting a specific colour in a felt capeline, but can't find it.  I'm thinking my only option is to dye the felt.  Any tips would be gr…

Started by Darice Pallett

0 Jun 6, 2016

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service