ASK A MILLINER (266)

Discussions Replies Activity

Hat wire

Hi ladies just wondering about the hat wire that Rebeca Share is using, she advisers 18gauge but not quite sure what that is here in Englan…

Started by dominique Ross

2 May 8, 2018
Reply by Noelle Tierney

How to ship a hat with large feathers

Hello, I have just finished a custom piece that turned out amazing.  Lots of peacock feathers and swords and...now how do I pack this thing…

Started by Marianne Lewis

4 Apr 23, 2018
Reply by Sharon Panozzo

How to make a wrinkled hat

I have been inspired to make a hat that looks like the hat below. Unfortunately I’m not really sure how to make the wrinkly look that it ha…

Started by Noah Fleming

2 Apr 20, 2018
Reply by Stephanie McCutcheon

Lining shaped domes

Does anyone put a lining into their felt fedoras, trillbys, cowboy hats or any other felt hat that has a shape to the dome of the crown? I…

Started by Maureen Prairie

4 Mar 3, 2018
Reply by Kayi Rose Mivedor

Inside Finish

I'm very new to hat making and I'm gradually working my way through the Hat Academy videos.                I would appreciate some advice f…

Started by Sue Cummuskey

4 Mar 2, 2018

Hat Restoration

I purchased this "new" hat off eBay, and it arrived quite damaged. The flower and broach looks discolored and tarnished; can I clean it? Ho…

Started by Christina Spain Hill

3 Mar 2, 2018

hat shaper modify??

hello i am a feltmaker...at the momment,focusing on hats my question would be...i bought 3 hat shapers,not blocks,cant afford those atm,so…

Started by natasha res

2 Nov 3, 2017
Reply by natasha res

Felt bending

Is there a way to keep the felt from caving in when you sew the hatband on. Maybe I didn't put enough stiffener on or the felt isn't that g…

Started by Helen Lee Marshall

0 Oct 26, 2017

Wool Felt Sizing

Hello everybody!I've been struggling for awhile now with sizing for wool felt hats. I've used an aerosol, which was okay, but eventually th…

Started by Theresa Kramer

3 Oct 15, 2017
Reply by Helen Lee Marshall

Colour Feather Spines

Hi What does everyone use to colour the spine of dyed stripped pheasant feathers after stripping one side?

Started by Cathriona

3 Sep 20, 2017
Reply by Cathriona

FOLLOW US

Hat Headlines: Newsletter

© 2024   About | Contact | Help | Privacy | Terms   Powered by

|     |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service